I sometimes run out of ideas what to cook over the weekend for the kids. Quite often, the kids will ask me in the course of the week what’s for Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch.
Occasionally, they will make requests but not often. They are easy but just want to know what to look forward to.
So I will sometimes trawl (haha thanks Adrian I did mean trawl not troll) Facebook or U Tube to get some ideas. This week I happened to visit one of the postings in Sam Han@The Bonding Tool and saw a fabulous dish called Chicken Roulade and her pics looks totally Delish. On U tube I saw this mouth watering Killer Grilled cheese sandwich so today’s dinner is a weird concoction.
For the Chicken Roulade, Check out Sam Han’s blog page
I found this U tube video which was good in teaching you how to roll the chicken
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
I used wholemeal bread so my sandwich became too dark in colour but it tasted fine. I trawled through several videos to combine cooking methods so best that I just list out the steps I took :
- I used normal wholemeal bread today but I think it would actually work better with white bread. You could use gourmet bread like sourdough which I think will even taste better.
- In a bowl, take out some butter and leave it there to soften (recommended an hour before cooking). Grate into that bowl a generous portion of parmesan cheese. Combine the butter and cheese well.
- Butter one side of your bread with mayonnaise followed by that butter parmesan cheese mixture. Not everyone uses Mayo and if u wanted to skip the Mayo, it’s fine too. Repeat for the other bread slices.
- Heat up butter in a hot pan. Turn down the heat and put in your bread slices with the buttered side down. Put in a slice or two of cheddar onto the unbuttered side of the bread facing up. Finally, cover with another piece of the bread which you have buttered with the buttered side facing up.
- Flip your sandwich constantly until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
PESTO CHILLI WHITE WINE AND CREAM PASTA
A bit schizo I know but today I just felt like throwing in everything but the kitchen sink.
Here are the steps:
- Heat up a hot pan and add olive oil.
- Add 1 or 2 spoons of chopped garlic.
- Add 2 spoons of minced fresh chilli. This is optional and you could just rely on chilli flakes but I like how the fresh chilli gives a subtle kick in the background.
- Add in chopped prawns . I used about 10-12 small prawns cut into two. Fry the prawns for about 30 seconds until it starts to turn orange.
- Add 2 spoons of pesto and mix well.
- Add quartered swiss browns and mix well.
- Add pasta which has been precooked to about 75% doneness.
- Immediately add half a cup of white wine. Toss the pasta to loosen it.
- Add half a cup of chicken stock or the water u used to cook the pasta. Add a 200ml packet of cooking cream.
- Add fresh chopped herbs like thyme and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and more dry chilli flakes if desired.
- Toss well throughout steps 8 to 11. Switch off heat immediately and transfer it to a serving bowl to prevent the pasta being overcooked if left in the hot pan.
[…] https://wolfandbulldog.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/chicken-roulade-chilli-pesto-white-wine-and-cream-pa… […]